The Razer mouse needs to be cleaned from time to time. Dead skin particles, dust, greasy fingers and eating at the PC leave their mark. At some point, the functionality of the mouse is then severely impaired. When gaming, the target can no longer be precisely controlled, shots miss or, in the worst case, the mouse completely stops working.
The quick guide: How to clean the Razer mouse
It’s not the end of the world, and you don’t need a new computer mouse right away. Follow these simple steps to clean your existing Razer mouse.
- Take a flat and semi-pointed object. (e.g. a nail file or a toothpick) Carefully run it along the joints of your mouse. This way you can already remove coarse particles. (also on the mouse wheel)
- If there are still problems with the mouse, you can’t avoid opening it. On its underside, you will find one or two screws. Additionally, many gaming mice are still locked in place by plastic hooks. Try to loosen them carefully.
- Clean the Razer mouse carefully with a fine brush. Also, look under the circuit board. Finally, blow through everything vigorously.
- Now reassemble the mouse properly.
Small tip: Look under your Razer mouse before each use. Dust particles accumulate simply by lying on the surface. In many cases, these get into the housing via the optical sensor. Simply wipe them off with a cloth or your finger before each use
How can I recognize a dirty mouse?
Some gamers don’t even notice that typical problems are due to a dirty mouse. They look for the cause elsewhere and may even end up blaming their gaming PC. The following errors can occur with a heavily contaminated Razer mouse:
- The sampling rate (dpi) deteriorates. The mouse cursor moves slower than usual across the screen.
- When scrolling in documents or on web pages, everything jumps back and forth. Possible cause: The mouse wheel is full of skin particles, dust and other dirt.
- It creaks under the keys when they are pressed. Some crumbs have made it under the key here.
- Since optical mice are usually used, the mouse pointer may jump back and forth. It no longer consistently follows its predetermined path. Sufficient dirt can also be to blame for this.